IVF Cost Guarantee Plan - Shared Risk
Get Money Back if IVF Doesn't Work
|IVF Shared Risk Pricing
Covers up to 3 fresh IVF cycles (plus any frozen)
80% refunded if you don't have a baby
|35 - 36
|37 - 38
Ages 39 - 45 see single cycle IVF cost
Shared risk not offered at 39 or older (with own eggs)
Shared risk with donor eggs available to age 49
- "Monitoring" refers to office visits for blood and ultrasound tests that are needed during ovarian stimulation for IVF. Insurance sometimes pays for monitoring.
- For a refund plan with 4 fresh cycles, the cost is 20% more
- Other IVF cost plans:
Shared Risk IVF Plans
Risk sharing in vitro fertilization pricing plans have been given various names, including IVF cost warranty program, IVF cost protection plan and IVF refund plan.
- The refund portion given back if there is no success varies between clinics
- Most centers that offer IVF refund programs allow a maximum of 3 attempts
- Some clinics only guarantee a pregnancy that continues to a certain point of development - for example 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- We give you a choice of plans that cover 3 or 4 cycles with fresh embryos
- Our IVF refund program gives 80% back if you don't take home a baby
Peace of Mind IVF Pricing
This can be an ideal payment option for couples considering in vitro fertilization but worried that if it doesn't work, they will not be financially able to adopt a baby. We can not guarantee a successful outcome. However, this plan limits your financial risk if a baby is not born.
- We give you money back if the IVF doesn't work.
In Vitro with Shared Risk has the financial risk "shared" between couple and clinic
- The program includes as many as three (or 4 - your choice) ovarian stimulation cycles leading to an egg retrieval and any associated frozen embryo transfer cycles.
- Each ovarian stimulation and fresh embryo transfer cycle can possibly result in leftover embryos for freezing for later use.
- There could be one (or more) frozen embryo transfer cycles after each fresh one.
- The couple gets back the 80% refund if they do not deliver a baby.
Program Eligibility (using own eggs)
- If the female partner is using her own eggs, she must be 38 or younger at the time of enrollment and qualify with some basic tests (see below).
- For women at the higher end of the allowed age range - all cycles using fresh embryos must be completed by 3 months past her 39th birthday.
This payment option can not be used with health insurance paying for the IVF.
Tests needed to qualify:
- Normal ovarian reserve testing: Tests are done on day 2, 3 or 4 of the menstrual cycle:
- FSH, LH, estradiol and AMH blood tests (each test is $65) must be normal
- Ultrasound (cost is $190) must show at least 14 antral follicles on an ovary (or ovaries) accessible for egg retrieval
- Evaluation of the uterus: These tests are usually done at a visit to our office on about day 14 of the menstrual cycle:
- Ultrasound evaluation of the uterus - the uterine lining (endometrium) must be at least 8.0 mm thick (cost is $190).
- Office hysteroscopy to evaluate the uterine cavity (cost is $425)
Other qualifying issues for our IVF guarantee:
- The female partner must be a non-smoker. We will accept a smoker if she quits at least 30 days before starting medications. This is documented with urine tests.
- Women that are significantly overweight (Body Mass Index over 30.0) are not eligible
- Women that have had an abnormal day 3 FSH test are not eligible
- Couples that have failed 2 (or more) previous in vitro attempts with fresh embryos (including canceled stimulation attempts) are not eligible.
- If in vitro fertilization has been attempted previously, copies of all ovarian stimulation and all embryology records must be submitted for review.
- Couples with 2 or more previous miscarriages are not eligible.
- The male partner must have at least 100,000 motile sperm in his ejaculate
- The couple must be willing to have ICSI, transfer 2 embryos, and freeze any leftover potentially viable embryos (frozen embryos are used before another fresh cycle).
- We offer single embryo transfer (SET) plans for couples wanting to reduce twin risks
- SET shared risk plan costs 15% more for female age under 35
- SET shared risk plan costs 18% more for female age 35-36
- SET shared risk plan is not offered with own eggs at age 37 and older
*We reserve the right to approve or deny entry into our Shared Risk Plan on a case by case basis
- Pre-IVF screening tests
- Pregnancy testing and pregnancy monitoring
- Consultations with the physician
- Embryo storage for more than 12 months, or after you deliver a baby
- Frozen embryo transfer cycles done with remaining embryos after the birth of a baby
Almost all patients who do not get pregnant from the first in vitro fertilization attempt will be recommended to try again. The main reasons not to do so would be inadequate ovarian response, or very poor egg or embryo quality.
We reserve the right to terminate the patient's participation after each completed cycle (very rare). Likewise, the couple has the right to terminate participation after each completed cycle (after all fresh and frozen embryos are transferred).
- If our center terminates the couple's shared risk refund plan early (before the completion of all attempts), the refundable portion is returned to the couple.
- Likewise, the couple can quit the program before they complete all of their allotted fresh cycles. The refundable portion is given back if they are not pregnant and all frozen embryos have been transferred.
- Medication costs can be as low as $1500 for an IVF treatment, but average about $3000 and can be as high as $5000.
- The cost of IVF medications depends on the drug doses and duration of stimulation needed to get a good response.
- Insurance sometimes covers in vitro fertilization medications
Cycle cancellation during stimulation
- Ovarian response to stimulation must be sufficient to result in a minimum of 3 mature follicles (15-20 mm diameter) or we "cancel" the cycle and do not do the egg retrieval.
- If there are at least 2 follicles of 15-20 mm and at least 2 more between 13-15 mm, we would consider proceeding.
- Rarely, a cycle could be canceled for over-response of the ovaries
Our IVF cycle cancellation policies
If the cycle is canceled during stimulation and before the egg retrieval, the rebate is for all but $700 (cycle management fee) plus $65/blood assay and $190/ultrasound.
Other pricing options:
If you do not live in our area - visit from out of town and do IVF