- Age and Fertility
- CDC Report on Fertility Clinic IVF Success Rates
- Chromosomal Abnormalities in Eggs
- Donor Eggs
- Egg Banking
- Egg Donation
- Egg Donation Cost
- Egg Freezing
- Egg quality
- Embryo freezing
- Embryo implantation
- Fertility Preservation
- Frozen embryo transfer
- IVF Clinic Success Rates
- IVF Cost
- IVF Poor Responders
- IVF success rates
- Low ovarian reserve
- Micro IVF
- Mild IVF
- Mini IVF
- Minimal Stimulation IVF
- Multiple Pregnancy
- Number of IVF Embryos to Transfer
- Oocyte Cryopreservation
- Ovarian Reserve
- Ovarian Reserve Tests
- Pregnancy Complications
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- Prelude Fertility
- Single Embryo Transfer
Fertility, IVF and Egg Donation
The Physicians and Embryology team at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago wanted to address the recent news article regarding an embryo mix up at a large fertility clinic in California. This was a tragic story that touches close to home for us and the important work we do for our patients. We want to reassure you and help ease your mind that we work diligently and meticulously at every step of the procedure to prevent such an instance from occurring in our lab. The team at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago follows a strict tissue handling protocol:
- Each patient specimen is assigned two (2) unique identifiers.
- Specimens are labeled with a color-coded labeling system for each container and patient specific documentation.
- Each specimen is independently verified and signed off by two (2) embryologists at each step throughout the process.
- Every patient specimen is handled in a “one patient” work space. Meaning only one patients specimens can be in the work space at a time, avoiding the potential for an accidental patient mix up.
Our team places a top priority on the training of and the strict enforcement of these policies. We continually update our training and processes as necessary to ensure our patients are receiving the best care possible. We believe that with these strict processes in place, that we will prevent a similar situation at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Our hearts go out to the families affected by this event in California. The teams at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago are honored that you have entrusted us to assist you on your journey to build your family and want you to rest assured that we are handling your eggs, sperm and embryo’s with the utmost care and concern for a healthy pregnancy.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your home office nurse directly and they will assist you.
Michelle Catenacci, MD
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
Welcome to the
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
Richard Sherbahn, MD is a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialist.
Dr. Sherbahn founded the Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago in 1997.
He will post regularly about fertility issues.
Subscribe To This Blog
RSS feed: Fertility, IVF and Egg Donation
- October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month
- SART Success Rates – 2017 Preliminary Reports
- AFCC Lab Protocol
- Embryo Screening May Improve Chances Of Successful IVF Pregnancy
- How Body Weight Impacts IVF Success
- SART and CDC Release 2016 IVF and Egg Donation Success Rate Reports
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago Merges with Prelude Fertility
- Benefits of Elective Single Embryo Transfer – eSET
- Chicago low cost fertility screening tests
- SART Releases 2014 IVF Success Rate Report
Browse by tagsAge Age and Fertility CDC clinic success rate reports Delayed childbearing donor egg bank donor egg ivf donor egg program donor egg success rates Egg quality Egg quantity Fertility Fertility clinic Fertility doctor Fertility treatment Guidelines In vitro fertilization IVF IVF number of embryos transferred Multiple pregnancy Nadya Suleman Octomom oocyte cryopreservation Ovarian reserve Regulations Report Risks SART Success Success rate
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Center for Disease Control, CDC
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, SART
Visit our friends
A few highly recommended friends...