Patient Update – April 1, 2020
We know the uncertainty around fertility treatment can feel disappointing at this difficult time in our country. However, our steadfast focus on our patients and their safety continue to be our top priority. We are committed to moving your fertility journey forward in these changing times.
We are closely monitoring all ongoing developments and changing our protocols accordingly based on recommendations from the Center of Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), local and state health agencies as well as our industry governing body the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
We support ASRM in their recommendations to help mitigate the spread of this virus while still providing urgent reproductive care as determined by our providers alongside our patients. Infertility is a disease and infertility care is not elective. We recognize infertility care is on an individual basis and every patient’s situation is different. Our fertility providers will work with each of our patients to determine what is time-sensitive and should be done now versus what can be momentarily delayed. We know that time is of the utmost importance here, so this may include reassessing the care of patients with diminished ovarian reserve, as well as other conditions where extended delays may impact patient outcomes.
What does this mean for our patients?
This is a constantly-evolving situation, and as a result, all care is subject to changing conditions. We are committed to avoiding community spread by following current health guidelines:
- All consults that do not require an in-office exam have been moved to telemedicine platforms.
- Our fertility care providers will work one on one with their patients to assess their specific needs and determine if their care plan falls into the time sensitive category. This may apply to patients with diminished ovarian reserve, as well as other conditions where extended delays may impact patient outcomes. Patients should schedule a telemedicine appointment with their provider to determine the best treatment options and timelines.
- Should your treatment need to be rescheduled, we are committed to rescheduling your cycle as soon as possible. Know that we look forward to resuming care (safely) as much as you do. We will be in communication with you regularly to update you on timing.
- The health and safety of our patients are critical to us. We are adhering to the social distancing recommendation by updating our protocols to minimize unnecessary interaction and reduce risk as follows:
- Limiting visitors for in-office appointments
- Frequent disinfection to high touch items
- Keeping sick/symptomatic employees out of office
- Providing ongoing training to our employees of safe practices
We know this situation is stressful and we don't want it to delay your dream of having a child even longer than is safely necessary. Thankfully, there are many steps that can be accomplished through telemedicine appointments now to get our patients closer to achieving their family building dreams. We’re committed to providing access to care during this time.
We’re also here to continue providing you with important emotional support and inspiring hope. Each week, we are offering a series of emotional wellness support webinars, and you can find all details on our social media channels with links to register and participate. We hope to see you there.
Please don’t hesitate to call our office to speak with us about any specific questions you may have. On our end, we promise to continue providing updates via our website, email, and social media channels. We are so happy to partner with you in your journey to build your family. We are here for you every step of the way.
- CDC guidelines for COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- ASRM guidelines for COVID-19: https://www.asrm.org/news-and-publications/covid-19/statements/patient-management-and-clinical-recommendations-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/?_ga=2.155024440.1436150292.1585580250-1783089908.1581101949