Single Cycle IVF Cost Details - Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
We offer several different affordable IVF - in vitro fertilization cost plans, including multiple cycle plans with or without money back if it doesn't work.
How much does IVF cost?
Single Cycle In Vitro Fertilization Cost
|Sometimes IVF stimulation monitoring is done out of town or is covered by health insurance|
|Multiple IVF Cycle Pricing Plans|
Multiple Cycle In Vitro Fertilization Cost
Starting at $18,000
Starting at $16,500
Costs for additional procedures:
Costs for Additional Services (with Single Cycle Pricing)
|ICSI, injection of sperm directly in the eggs||$1500|
|Blastocyst culture and transfer (day 5 transfer)||No additional cost|
|Embryo freezing - (includes 1 year of storage)
|Frozen embryo transfer cycle (thaw, culture and transfer embryos)||$4,000|
|PGD costs - embryo biopsy||$1400|
Included services in our IVF cost:
- Ovarian stimulation monitoring
- Anesthesia for egg retrieval
- Egg retrieval procedure
- Fertilization and culture of the eggs
- Embryo transfer procedure
- All physician, IVF lab, and facility fees associated with in vitro fertilization
Excluded services - not included in our IVF costs:
- Pre-IVF screening tests (see below)
- Medications (see below)
- Embryo or sperm freezing or storage - these are optional services
- Pregnancy testing and monitoring of early pregnancy
- Consultations with the physician
How much does IVF cost?
That is a straightforward question that should have a clear and simple answer. However, at some IVF centers the answer is confusing.
Some clinics charge separately for the various components of IVF. For example, there can be charges from:
- A hospital
- The lab that runs the blood tests
- Radiology for ultrasounds
- Anesthesia providers
- The IVF laboratory
- The fertility doctors
Be sure that you understand the total cost of the in vitro fertilization cycle before committing to treatment. The average cost for a complete IVF cycle in the US is about $12,000 plus medications. In large metropolitan areas it is often higher.
There are some low cost IVF programs that charge significantly less than average, while others charge $15,000 or more for a complete in vitro cycle without medications.
Do not equate cost with quality when it comes to IVF. Some clinics charge a lot but have low success rates. Be sure to know the IVF live birth success rates at any center you consider.
- Some clinics have a low IVF cost and low success rates so that it ends up costing more to have a baby
Our 2014 IVF live birth success rates compared to the national average (age < 35)
Data is from the 2014 SART report
What makes IVF pricing at The Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago better than at other clinics in Chicago and Wisconsin?
- Straightforward IVF Costs - all of our IVF costs are on our website. No hidden costs.
- IVF Pricing Options - we offer single cycle IVF as well as multiple cycle plans - with or without a money back guarantee.
- Lower IVF costs than other IVF programs in the Chicago and Wisconsin areas
Recommended testing prior to starting in vitro fertilization with us:
- Ovarian reserve testing
- FSH, LH, estradiol and AMH blood tests on day 2, 3 or 4 of the cycle - $75 per test
- Ultrasound to evaluate antral follicle counts and ovarian volumes - $250
- Evaluation of the uterus with 3D ultrasound - this is done at the same time as the ultrasound for antral follicle counts (see above)
- Semen analysis, if one has not been done in the past 12 months - $70 at our center
- Office hysteroscopy to thoroughly evaluate the cavity of the uterus - $500
- Infectious disease screening blood work (both partners) - costs usually covered by insurance (if not covered, cost is $120 for male and $210 for female screening)
- Female partner is also suggested to do cystic fibrosis carrier testing, a vitamin D level, and thyroid testing with TSH and free T4 (all of these are usually covered by insurance)
Medication Costs for IVF
Costs for IVF medications are not included in our IVF pricing plans. Medication costs can be as low as $1500, but average about $3000 and vary according to the unit price, the dosage and the duration of the ovarian stimulation. Meds can cost up to $7000. Insurance sometimes covers IVF medications.
Full fees vs. cash discounted fees
All in vitro fertilization costs listed on this page reflect "cash discounts" and are paid in advance unless we have a written statement from an insurance company saying that they will pay.
"Cash discounted" IVF costs are for couples without fertility insurance coverage, or those that prefer to pay in advance and submit their own billing to insurance.
Insurance companies do not accept a "package price" for IVF (there is no CPT code for it). Because insurance is billed by individual procedure, the total billed depends on what is done during the IVF cycle.
The total billed to insurance for the IVF-related codes (without ICSI) is about $8000 at our center. The total billed for ovarian stimulation monitoring for IVF is about $2000.
Coming to us from out of town for in vitro fertilization
Many couples travel here from other states in the US or Canada for their IVF treatment.
Learn about the the Kevin J Lederer Life Foundation. Its mission is to promote health and alleviate distress associated with infertility through education and financial assistance. We are a Practice Partner for the Life Foundation.
A comparison of clinic success rates may not be meaningful because patient medical characteristics, treatment approaches and entrance criteria for ART may vary from clinic to clinic.